Monday, September 7, 2009

Challenge Successfully Completed!

Wow! Was I on a mission OR WHAT?! Not a bad day when I can stamp guilt-free for over 4 hours straight! What are my kids doing you might ask... well, they are teenagers and are actually happiest when I let them do whatever they want all day long. So my best guess is that their eyes are going buggy while playing on the computer. 8)

Okay, here are my final 2 completed projects. I'd like to share the thought process for the first one. Do you ever look through the Sunday ads or a catalog and see something that just strikes you... whether or not you'd actually wear it. Something about the color combination or the style just calls out to you. Well, when that happens to me, I cut it out and paste it into my inspiration journal. Today, I was actually opening my journal up to write out a list, but the book opened up to this page and it re-inspired me all over again!

So I pulled out the colors that best match (Garden Green, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, Chocolate Chip & Bermuda Bay) and came up with this:

Here's a better look:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Simple Friendship
Accessories: Cardstock Vellum, Wide Oval Punch, 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, markers, Crop-A-Dile (to punch hole for bow)

What do you think? Yes, it involved a lot of masking (I cut out 2 flowers stamped on a post-it note and just moved them around as I stamped)... and coloring in. This is all done on cardstock vellum and layered over Gable Green cardstock. Pretty neat, huh?!


Here's actually the first card I made today (it may be hard to see, but it's very sparkly):
Stamps: Tree Trimmings, All Holidays
Accessories: Sleigh Bells Ribbon (Mini), Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate, Big Shot, Horizontal Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Iridescent Ice EP, Dimensionals

I used the dryer sheet technique. Ever since I received a swap card at Convention using this technique, I have been wanting to give it a try! In case you were wondering what the heck the dry sheet technique is, I'll share what I did to make this project. First, I stamped the ornaments on a piece of white cardstock and gave it some time to dry. Then I attached a piece of used dryer sheet over my pre-stamped cardstock with a simple glue stick. I sprinkled iridescent ice embossing powder over it and tapped of the excess. Then I carefully heat set it (with a little smoke and laundry fresh smell).
*
Now that I have done my Happy Stampin today, I'm going to go take a break... Thanks for the challenge, Ellie!
Hugs!

No comments: