Thursday, May 10, 2012

I STAMPED!

You may have read the title to this post and said "Well, DUH! You're a Stampin' Up! demo, don't you stamp in your sleep?"  Or perhaps you thought "It's about time!"... considering how long it's been since my last blog post. 

I'm going to dispel the myth that us demos stamp in our sleep--well, at least I don't!  I wish I could!  Maybe then when I find myself in a creative rut, I could harness all the creative energy I seem to have while I'm running around in my dreams to actually get some stampin' done! 
Instead, I have to look around in the real world for inspiration. 

Here are the cards I came up with:
Stamp Set: Delightful Dozen
Papers: Pocketful of Posies (retiring), Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Poppy Parade (retiring), Lucky Limeade and Daffodil Delight
Ink: Whisper White Craft and Night of Navy Classic
Embellishments: Night of Navy 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (retiring), Basic Pearls
Punches: Decorative Label, Itty Bitty Shapes, 1-3/8" & 1-3/4" circle
Big Shot Die: Beautiful Wings

Stamp Set: Nature's Nest (retiring), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Papers: Pocketful of Posies (retired), Soft Suede Textured (retiring), Naturals Ivory, Baja Breeze
Ink/Coloring: Night of Navy, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Blender Pen
Embellishments: Twill Tape Ribbon (retiring), Hemp Twine (retiring)
Punches: Round Tab (retiring), 1-3/4" & 2-1/2" Circle

I can't say exactly what it was that pulled me out of the creative rut I was in.  Perhaps it was out of necessity... needing to make some cards for Mother's Day and my dad's birthday.  Or perhaps it was working with the gorgeous paper and accessories that I'm going to miss when they retire at the end of May.  Whatever it was, I'm grateful to have spent some zen time stamping again. 

There's a box of goodies from the new catalog (coming out June 1) on the way, so I know I will be happy stampin' again soon!

If you're interested in checking out what's retiring from the current Stampin' Up! catty, you can view the lists on the promotions page of my official Stampin' Up! website HERE.  If you see something(s) you just can't live without, click on the SHOP NOW button to start shopping... NOW!  The retiring accessories and Decor Elements will only be available while supplies last! 

I hope you are HAPPY STAMPIN' too!

No comments: