Thursday, June 4, 2009

Saying good-bye is hard to do...

One of the stamp sets I'm most sad to see retire from the catalog is Seaside. I just LOVE collecting seashells on the beach! Here's an ATC (artistic trading card which measures 2 1/2" x 3 1/2") I made using the set for a swap I participated in several months ago:

It may be hard to see, but I used the crackled glass technique. First I stamped the shells in black ink and sponged around them using several different colors of classic ink. I let it dry. Then I used a Versamark ink pad directly on the card stock and sprinkled on Glassy Glaze Enamel Embossing Powder (EP) and heat set... caution! Hot Finger Warning! Oh and, yes, it's normal for the EP to fly all over since the pieces are bigger than the regular type EP. I repeated this step several times to get it good and thick. Lastly, I put it in the freezer to really stiffen it up. After about 10 minutes or so, I gently bent it in different directions to create the cracked glass look.
~~~
Happy Stampin!

No comments: