Thursday, February 18, 2010

Baby Boy Blue Knit Hat & Coordinating Card

It's been awhile since I've shared a knitted project with you. So I'll show you a super quick knitted hat that I made for a friend who just had her 7th child. It's a simple 2x2 rib pattern--if you knit, you know what that means. Of course, I couldn't just give her the hat without a coordinating handmade card now could I?!
While I was at it, I thought, Hey! This card is turning out super cute! Why don't I make another one for a sample? So, I DID! I changed the second one up a bit... can you see the differences?

These cards were just as quick and easy to make as the hat. Here's a list of all the punches I used: 1 1/4" & scallop squares, the modern label, word window and scallop edge. I dusted off my Nursery Necessities stamp set to use the cute elephant & saying. There are little dots around the edge of the elephant image--kind of like stitching. After stamping him in Bashful Blue, I used the fine tip on the black stampin' write journaler (marker) to highlight that stitching.

I love the 4 square card layout. It's great for highlighting pretty papers or using up scraps. Here's another version of this layout:
We made this card at my last class. I actually CASE'd it from another demo's card idea, but changed it up by adding the little Jewelry Tag hanging from the ribbon. It's hard to see, but it says {love} on the tag.
If you ever get stumped when sitting down to make a card, consider using this basic layout. If you don't have square or heart punches, consider using flowers, stars or circles...
Happy Stampin!
Brenda

No comments: