Thursday, August 12, 2010

CASEing the card on the cover of the new Catty

You've probably seen the cover of the new Stampin' Up! catty.  If not, scroll down the blog page a little ways and look on the right sidebar.  There it is!  Click on it to open the pdf file and get a closer look.  Or, if you have good eyesight, just look at the card with the striped Top Note die on the front.  What a fun card, don't you think?!  Well, all of the idea in and on the IDEA BOOK & catalog are there for you (& me) to use for IDEAS and INSPIRATION.  So, I CASE'd the card.  What does that mean, you might ask?  Copy And Share Everything!  So here I am, copying it and now sharing my version with you!

As you can tell, it's a baby card.  I used papers from a retired kit.  Can't recall the name at the moment.  On the base of the giraffe layer is a new die shape--Scallop Rectangle.  It's a Clearlit Die.  I also used the Big Shot to add the texture to the So Saffron layer with a Texturz Plate.  I love those things! 

Aside from the inspiration from the card on the front of the catty, I actually pulled the colors I used from the knitted baby gift I also made.  I guess I got lucky that I had a kit in my stash that included pretty much all the colors that worked perfectly with the hat and booties.  See what I mean:


So, page through the catalog, look around your house, keep your eyes peeled while you're out in the world... inspiration is all around us!

Happy Stampin!
Brenda

No comments: