Friday, January 21, 2011

Use What's On Your Table Challenge

So, what does your craft space look like today?  Are your creative juices stewing amongst piles of scraps and various parts and pieces left over from past projects?  Well, I want to share a challenge that my friend, Ellie posted on Facebook today--USE WHAT'S ON YOUR TABLE! 

Here's what I came up with:
I will admit, I had to use something that wasn't on my table when I got up to use the letterpress plate (Heart Pressed) in my Big Shot.  I actually got lucky, because I had started this project yesterday and hit a creative block.  I guess it took committing to someone that I would actually complete something to get over that block. 

The color combo came from a card I saw in the January issue of Stampin' Up!'s demonstrator magazine, Stampin' Success.  One of the awesome perks of being a demo!  I would have never thought to use Marina Mist on a Valentine's card, but I think it really works.

The letterpress plate is new to me.  It's in the Occasions Mini Catalog, along with the Glimmer Paper (that I punched the big heart out of).  For this card, I inked up the letterpress plate with a Versamark Ink Pad, instead of an actual colored ink pad.  This created a more subtle background.

Here's a close-up so you can see the details:
 
   So, now that you've seen one of the projects I came up with by using what's on my table... give it a try for yourself! 

Happy Stampin!
Brenda

No comments: