I'm happy to announce that the Red Scarf is done!
From the picture, you may not be able to tell that I actually ruined part of it while steam blocking it. The pattern of the scarf really made the edges roll quite a bit. It rolled so much that it was basically a big tube when I got done knitting it--therefore it HAD to be steam blocked. Well, since I used acrylic yarn, it was important to be very careful during this step or the acrylic would melt... and... well, I guess I wasn't careful enough!
Even from the close-up picture, it's hard to tell, but the left side is totally flat. You can see the the edges on the right side still roll quite a bit. I did block that side too, but I was more careful to not completely melt it flat.
I'm not sure what to do with the scarf now. As it is, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it away as a gift--let alone donating it to The Red Scarf Project. I will need to enlist some help from my knitting friends to see what they suggest. I may have to go ahead and melt... errr, I mean seriously steam block the right side, just to make the whole thing the same and just hope the kid that receives it doesn't know what it was supposed to look like. sigh...
On the Stampin' front... I have finished my swap cards for the SCS Demo dinner that's on Friday and I have started working on some general swap cards. I also made another dry erase picture frame to give away as a door prize at the dinner--for this one I used Bella Rose DSP, Flower Fusion Too flowers & rhinestone brads. I will post pictures of all of these projects after the big event--probably sometime this weekend.