Monday, July 6, 2009

More Knit Projects: Cruiseware

Happy Monday! I hope y'all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! My family and I enjoyed some "mandatory family fun" moments... if you have teenagers, I think you know that that means. If you don't, it means that we made our boys break away from the computer/video games to do some fun stuff--going to the pool, a movie, playing cards, etc. For some reason, they weren't interested in my idea of stamping patriotic bookmarks. So I did that on my own:

Yes, this was one of my New Catty Kick-off Party projects. I had some leftovers, so I made them up and gave them away to my hubby's boss and the ladies at the library.

Anyway... just as fireworks were going off around the country, so was our AC blower motor! How convenient in the 100+ temps, on a holiday evening! We live in military base housing, so we were able to get a maintenance guy to come out that night and at least bring us a portable AC unit to hold us over until they can order a part. I think this is God's way of making us really appreciate a trip we have coming up. We are setting sail on an Alaskan Cruise in a few days. We'll be leaving Texas tomorrow.

As you know, I knit, and when my hubby shared his exciting idea about this trip-of-a-lifetime, in the back of my head I thought "Hey, what can I knit for the trip?!" It's a good thing that we planned this trip several months out... because I decided to knit a shawl and a sweater (I must keep warm!). Well, here are my hand knit cruiseware creations:

Pattern: Mr. Greenjeans


Pattern: Rectangle Shawl

We'll be gone for almost 2 weeks. I have aspirations of writing several blog posts and scheduling them to be published throughout the next 13 days. However, I have yet to pack and have a to do list A MILE LONG... so, if you don't hear from me, don't worry. I'll have lots to share when I get back!

Happy Stampin!... and Cruisin!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Really neat bookmark. And yes, I so understand the mandatory family fun moments! LOL Have fun on your cruise and keep warm with that wonderful shawl & sweater!