Monday, June 28, 2010

Farewell to Friends

The hardest part of every move we've made throughout the years is saying good-bye to friends. It's hard leaving them behind! I considered myself lucky to some extent with this move. My best friend, Genean was moving too! Somehow it seemed better that I wasn't leaving her behind. Of course, I don't miss her any less. Here's a little gift I made for her, so she wouldn't forget me. (Yeah, right! Like that would ever happen!)
If you'd like to make your own little banner, cut two 4" x 12" strips of card stock, score strips every 3", accordion fold them and then overlap the 2 strips by a 3" section and adhere. To get the diagonal cuts at the top uniform, cut one corner and then create a template with a scrap piece of card stock. Use the template to cut the rest of the corners. Decorate as desired!
*
I already had this little scallop envelope box made up and it worked perfectly as a gift box for the banner!

Sizzix Dies: Serif Essentials, Birds & Blooms, Scallop Envelope
Embellies: Fleurettes, Rhinestone Brads, various ribbon scraps, Bella Rose DSP (retired)
***
Happy Stampin!
Brenda

No comments: