Friday, August 15, 2008

Fall-Winter Idea Book & Catalog Arrives!

I am so excited about the new catalog! There are so many great new stamp sets and beautiful designer series papers! I placed my first order for products in the catalog and am hoping they arrive by next Friday. It's so hard being patient! Check it out for yourself at the link on the right. Be aware that it is a PDF file and may take a few seconds to download--it's 212 pages!

Here is one of my most recent creations:

I made this card to send to my brother-in-law, Greg, and his fiance, Tara, on the announcement of their engagement.
THE INSPIRATION: We received their "save the date" card (shown below the card) and I immediately thought--Hey, those look like Stampin' Up! colors! Quickly running to my craft space, I pulled out the cardstock and ink pads to match (Chocolate Chip, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue and Whisper White). Baroque Motifs just screams wedding to me, so I pulled that out. I had just received the Lovely Letters set that I earned for free and knew that would be perfect too! Of course, I had to pull out my circle punches... that was a no-brainer.

Playing around with the layout... the card you see is NOT what I had originally envisioned. I first thought to stay as close to the postcard's layout as possible, but I just wasn't feeling it. It took a while, but as soon as I turned the orientation of the card, I had it! The "forever" stamp came from Fundamental Phrases.

No comments: