Monday, August 25, 2008

Inspired by Nature - Brayered Scene

Would you believe it was the first day of school today for my boys?! I took full advantage of my first day of freedom and had a playdate at my stampin' friend, Jennifer's house! We tried a technique that Jennifer found on Michelle Zindorf's blog. Our rustic scenes were made using a brayer, sponges, and masking. It was a perfect technique to use with the Inspired by Nature set. Since we were playing at Jennifer's house and I wasn't quite done with my card, I waited until I got home to add my oval hinges & pewter brads. Here are our cards side by side (my not-quite-so-finished card is on the left).
We used Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Basic Black, More Mustard, Barely Banana and Close to Cocoa ink on Whisper White cardstock and then layered on coordinating cardstock.

Here's my finished card:




Feel free to email me if you'd like more information about this technique.

1 comment:

Tandra said...

Beautiful! I love Zindorfs technique! Its so amazing, and yours turnes out wonderful!