Saturday, December 27, 2008

Get Ready for the New Year: Make A Calendar

Here's a calendar I made for my sister:





This was one of those last minute projects that I added to my to-do list and was able to complete in about a 3 hour span of time. I somehow forgot to take a picture of November (hopefully I didn't forget to make November). ;)
I used the Create-a-Calendar kit from the Holiday Mini catalog by trimming the calendar section to a 4" square and using the designer paper side of the leftover pieces to decorate the pages. The pages are 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 (half of a regular piece of cardstock). The pictures are wallet sized prints (2x3). I left some of the pages blank so my sister could add her own pictures.
Once I completed all of the pages and covered a piece of chipboard with cardstock for the base, I used the Crop-A-Dile to punch holes for the binder clips (being sure to line them all up). Because the pages had several layers, I punch the holes on each page separately. For re-enforcement of the holes on the base (chipboard), I attached jumbo eyelets.
You can't see the very top of the calendar, but I created a hole for hanging in the center of the chipboard base. Measuring carefully, I marked a 1/2" line in the center so I could punch a series of smaller holes along the line to create an oblong hole. Then I punched a large hole in the top center, so the calendar would hang straight--just like you find on a lot of hanging packages from a store.
Happy Stampin!
Brenda

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Great job!! I just love these calendars!