Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Inspiration Journal

I have another project to share with you that was inspired by the Stampin' Up! Regional seminar I went to last month:

A well-known, awesomely creative man in the Stampin' Up! circle, Jaron, shared this idea with us. You start with a coordinating piece of card stock for the base and punch a bunch of various sized circles out of a pack of Designer Series Papers (I used Urban Garden).
Starting in the center, you put a whole circle. From there, you use the circle punches to take bites out of the other circles so they will fit (like a puzzle) around the other pieces. It doesn't have to be exact, but I did find it a bit putsy. Before I glued anything down, I first placed all of the circles. Thank goodness the ceiling fan wasn't on full blast! ;-)
In order to get the circles all the way to the spiral edge, I carefully removed the spiral binding prior to attaching the card stock base. The spiral punch made the binding holes. If you try this, make sure you remember how it goes back on... the first time I put it back together, I put the spiral on upside down.

Jaron uses his book for his inspirational journal. He cuts out pictures from magazines and takes pictures of whatever inspires him, then attaches them to the pages of his journal. He includes notes of whatever colors, accessories, stamps, etc. that he's inspired to use (all Stampin' Up! products, of course). I LOVE THIS IDEA! I'm already inspired wherever I go. I usually use post-it notes or whatever scraps of paper are nearby to sketch my ideas or write my notes on... I love the idea of having one place to keep them all!

I want to remind of you one of the projects I posted back in August where I showed you my inspiration and the card I made from it:
Aren't the colors a perfect match?!
Now... go find some creative inspiration and get Happy Stampin!

7 comments:

Traci G said...

wow!! this is super cute!! How fun with all the circles. Jaron is my favorite. I love him. I stalked him at convention and got my picture taken with him. LOL. Jaron's DA BOMB!!

Julia said...

Great job on the journal! Love how it came out.

The card is an awesome inspiration piece! And ya, the colors match perfectly!

sarahw said...

I love the journal, I am going to have to play with circles to make sure I understand exactly what you mean ( I am a little slow on the uptake :) This would make a great class. TFS

Carmen said...

What a great project!! It woul be way more organized rather than napkins and post its! TFS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the colors!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

This is really neat. I bet we could fiddle with different punches too. TFS!

Tandra said...

Oh what a great card! Love the colors and layout, and love th eMonogram, especially since its the same as my husbands an I!!
Tandra & Gary! lol