Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things...

As I said the last time I posted, I was off to play with my new toys... errr... I mean, important business tools that had just arrived. By the way, when I refer to "Mr. Brown's deliveries", I'm talking about the UPS guy... his real name is Carlos, but I figure most of you have heard of the slogan "What can Brown do for you?", thus the nickname Mr. Brown. Well, I can say that "Brown" made me really happy with all the new catty goodies! :) On to my creations!

I have found my new favorite stamp set--Simple Friendship! Here are a couple of cards I've made with it:
Other new stuff used: Texturz Plate (w/Big Shot) & Button Latte

This card's color combination was inspired by a friend's purse--Garden Green, So Saffron & Chocolate Chip. I think the yellow on the purse is actually more like YoYo Yellow, but I liked the softness of So Saffron. Anyway, here's the purse (thanks for letting me take a picture, Sarah!):

Here's another card:

The background is created with the new jumbo wheel, Friendly Words. You are also getting a sneak peek at one of the Sale-A-Bration items--So Saffron grosgrain ribbon. It actually comes bundled with Certainly Celery poly-twill ribbon (10 yds of each). Both are 5/8" wide and gorgeous! By the way, Sale-A-Bration starts on February 1. I will be posting the brochure here on that date. If you'd like to see it now, let me know and I can email you a copy. If you're one of my regular customers, you should be receiving a copy of it in the mail any day now.

If you don't know what Sale-A-Bration is, it's an awesome special that runs from February 1 until March 31. Here's how it works: with every $50 you spend (before s/h & tax), you get to pick one of the wonderful items in the brochure. There are also extra hostess and recruiting specials. This time there are several stamp sets, the ribbon bundle and a pack of designer series papers to choose from.

Back to the card... here's a close up:

Yes, I cut the butterfly out--a little tedious, but sooo worth it! I want to point out how I mounted him on the card. Honey, get your mind out of the gutter ;-) I put a couple pieces of dimensionals on the end of each wing, but used Tombo adhesive on his middle section... making it looks like he's flapping his wings. At least I think so. :)

Thanks for checking out my blog. I really appreciate when you leave me comments! It reassures me that I'm not just "talking to myself". I suppose looking at the number of hits on the counter should give me a clue I'm not alone. :) By the way, I can't believe I'm about to hit the 5000 mark! I'm thinking I should plan some blog candy. Let me think about it and get back to you.

Happy Stampin!
Brenda

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Your "purse" card is so cute! What a great color inspiration. :)

Congrats on almost-5,000. You should celebrate this award I'm giving you, too. Check out my blog for the details. :)

http://stampintracy.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

Traci G said...

Love these projects! The card with the butterfly on it is just gorgeous!

Carmen said...

WOW you did great with those! Just love how bright the first is!!