Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm On A Decor Elements Kick!

Okay, I have to share a project I just did while hanging some things in our new house.

As you may know, my hubby is deployed. I decided to hang 2 clocks so the boys and I can keep track of what time it is in Kuwait... and here, of course.

Well, I've had this roll of Chocolate Decor Elements sheets (114337) for quite some time now and have, for some reason, been afraid to use it. I think it's my hoarding complex kicking in. Whatever it was, I got over it. For those of you who may not understand what hoarding is all about, I'll explain how it works for me. I buy things because I think they're cute or a great idea or I JUST HAVE TO HAVE THEM. These things may or may not cost all that much, but they are very "rare" and "valuable" things to me, so they can only be used on a VERY SPECIAL project... if they ever get used at all. I figured this was a "Decor Elements sheet worthy" idea, so I finally cut into it! I have to tell you, this project took me all of 30 minutes. The most challenging part was lining up the letters, which wasn't too difficult (just don't look too closely).

The letters are cut out with the Big Shot (113439) and the Serif Essentials Alphabet (113464). Here's a look at the clocks where they hang over our desk and the elderly desktop computer that I try not to use much anymore since getting my laptop.


Now that I've cut into these sheets and find that it's actually kind of fun (and maybe even a bit liberating), I'm wondering what else I can label!

STARTER KIT SPECIAL REMINDER: While we're on the subject of time, don't forget that time is running out to take advantage of the awesome $85 starter kit special! It ends in less than a week on August 31. If you've ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demo, now is perfect the time to take the plunge! Even if you're not interested in "selling stuff", you don't have to! Just think, you can hoard even more with your very own 20% demo discount! Not that I condone hoarding... I'm just saying... If you'd like more information or are interested in signing up, give me a call or send me an email. My contact info is on my website.

Happy Stampin & Decor Elements Applyin!

No comments: