Friday, September 4, 2009

Long overdue... My Convention Swaps!

I've been meaning to post these for quite some time now. They were hidden in my blog pix folder. These are the cards I made for a couple of the organized swaps I signed up for at Convention. The first one was for a 3x3 card swap:

Stamps: Bright Blessing Jumbo Wheel & Fundamental Phrases
Accessories: Leaves #2 Die, Modern Label Punch, Brad, Sponge, tissue paper


Here's how I got the texture on the leaves: First, I used a glue stick to attach crumpled white tissue paper onto a piece of So Saffron cardstock. Then I ran it through the Big Shot with the Leaves #2 die. After that, I sponged More Mustard classic ink all over the leaves... and there you have it! Faux Silk Leaves!


Here's the card I made for the Splitcoaststampers Dinner Swap:

Stamps: Circle Circus & Teeny Tiny Wishes
Accessories: Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate, Modern Label Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Sanding Block, Embossing Powder (Silver & Iridescent Ice), Brad, Perfect Plum Craft Ink


The WOW factor on this card (although it's hard to see online), is the sparkly circle. It's simple, really. I stamped the circle in Perfect Plum CRAFT ink on white cardstock and then heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I LOVE THAT STUFF! To add even more dimension, I added a brad in the center of one of the flowers. It's punched out using a circle punch and attached to the black cardstock.


The background is another neat, but super simple technique. First you run the cardstock through the Big Shot with the Background 1 Texturz Plate (elegant swirls) and then you use a sanding block to lightly sand the raised areas to make the swirls POP! How cool is that?!


Well, I hope you're getting your creative groove on over this long holiday weekend. I just received my demo pre-ordered copy of the My Digital Studio software (in the Holiday Mini) and have been playing around with it. I can't wait to share some of the projects I create using it. In case you were wondering, the software will be available for customers to order beginning on October 1! If you'd like to purchase the software for 1/2 price, consider hosting a workshop! If the sales are $400 or more, you'll get your very own My Digital Studio for just that! Contact me today to find out more information or to schedule your workshop!


Happy Stampin!
Brenda

No comments: