Friday, September 18, 2009

Recycled Spots

I received a beautifully wrapped gift from a friend a couple weeks ago for my birthday. I wish I would have thought to take a picture of it before I ripped it open... but I didn't. The paper and ribbon were so gorgeous that I was inspired to use them to make my friend a thank you note!

I actually had enough of both to make 2 cards. How cool is that?! The stamp is from All Holidays and I used the marker to stamp technique to color the words in different colors. What a simple, yet eye-popping card!


So, if you think you don't have just the right patterned paper for a card, think outside the box and look through your rolls of wrapping paper! All I used for this card was a 3 7/8" square of wrapping paper, layering it with a 4" square of black cardstock, on a 4 1/4" square card. This is also an awesome idea to coordinate your gift card with your wrapped gift. There would be no need to hide your card inside an envelope... just punch a hole in the corner and tie it on with a pretty ribbon!

Scallop Square Punch Tip: In order to get the perfect scallops behind the saying, I punched 4 scallop squares and overlapped them to create just the right size.

Now, I challenge you to make a card using one of those little scraps of wrapping paper that are too pretty to throw away! I'd love to hear/see how your card turns out!

Happy Stampin!

1 comment:

Angela said...

What a great idea...and a beautiful card. Did she recognize the paper and ribbon?