Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Other Convention Swaps


Here are the last of the swaps I made for Convention. These cards were for the Sizzix (Big Shot) Swap.

Can you name all the dies I used? There are 3...





1. Flower Burst Embosslit Die
2. Swirls Scribbles Sizzlits Die

and... drum roll, please....

3. Top Note Bigz Die!

The swirls were a little putsy to glue on, but I only had to make 11 of these cards. I planned ahead and had all the parts cut out before the movers started packing up our house--so I could work on them in the middle of our move!

There are a couple other things I'd like to point out. I cut the cardstock for the pocket to just the right size before running it through the Big Shot with the Top Note Die. I centered the cardstock and placed it over only one cutting edge of the die, so the other edges were not cut and remained straight. You can't see it (inside the pocket), but I did the same thing with the bottom of the white layer on the tag. You may have figured this out, but a Flower Burst is folded over the top of the tag.

Before I actually started to assemble them all, I struggled with the decision about whether or not to sew on the cards. Being a Stampin' Up! demo swap, the rules were to use only current Stampin' Up! products. I tried attaching the pocket with adhesive and then using a white gel pen to draw faux stitches, but I just didn't like the look. So I went ahead and ran them through my sewing machine. Had I not cut all the parts out before realizing this might be an issue, I would have cut the pockets wider and folded them around the back of the Old Olive layer and maybe left the stitching off... or maybe not. I really think the stitching adds a lot to the card. What do you think?

Happy Stampin!

No comments: