Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Create" on canvas!

As Randy on Idol would say, Check this out!

Because we live in military housing and know we won't be here forever, I wanted to attach the Decor Elements Create Definition to a movable surface. So I applied it to a pre-made stretched canvas that I found at a big box store.
~
Prior to applying the DE to the canvas, I first painted it with a mixture of white acrylic paint and Baja Breeze ink refill. My first attempt at this step was not exactly successful. Since I have dabbled in many different crafts over the years, I thought, Hey! I have white acrylic paint in my stash! *Note that this paint has probably been in my paint stash box for half of the 17+ years I've been married AND has been moved half a dozen times. So, it wasn't a surprise that it was a "bit" clumpy and didn't create that nice smooth surface I was hoping for--but not because of a lack of me trying. :) After a few hours of trying to pick off the little clumps and wondering if the little marks from where the clumps used to be on the canvas added "texture & interest" to the look, I ended up ditching the clumpy paint--both huge bottles of it--and going out and splurging another $1 to buy a brand new bottle. And, boy, did that make all the difference in the world!
~
In all its' glory, this inspirational canvas is hanging above my creative crafting space. It would be a perfect addition to the decor in anyone's creative space--whether it's on the wall or on another surface.

Be Creative, while you're
Happy Stampin!

4 comments:

sarahw said...

I love this! It looks so great on canvas. Hugs, Sarah

Traci G said...

This is a great idea!!! That's also funny about your paint. I was just cleaning out my closet in my stamping room today, and I have a box full of acrylic paints that are probably at least 5 years old. I kept them. Maybe I should rethink that? LOL

Julia said...

Great idea and it is able to move with you!

Anonymous said...

Great idea I love how it looks on the canvas!