Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Easter Sweater

I hope y'all had a wonderful Easter. We had a quiet day at home after dressing up and going to church in the morning. I thought I'd share the sweater tank top that I knit for myself... and finished in time to wear on Easter. The pattern is called Soleil.
When searching for the yarn to make this sweater, I wasn't planning on getting this color. I was thinking a color close to Tempting Turquoise or Taken with Teal would look nice to coordinate with the skirt. It was a good thing I brought the skirt along while yarn shopping, because this shade of Cameo Coral turned out to be the perfect match! Who knew that yarn companies use Stampin' Up! colors too?! :)

This is the second sweater I've knit. It was relatively easy, since it was mostly knit. I did alter the pattern a little bit. I added length to it so that the lace at the bottom was lower than my waistline (showing my belly button in church is frowned upon). To prevent the armholes and neckline edges from rolling, I had to do a backwards crochet stitch. This was a new thing for me. Thanks to my Stitch & Bitch friends for the suggestion--it really did the trick!
~
On the stampin' front, I am currently working on designing the projects for my upcoming Just Cards Class on Tuesday, April 21. If you're interested in coming to the class, let me know! My contact info is on my Stampin' Up! Website.
~
Happy Stampin... and Knittin!

2 comments:

Traci G said...

your sweater is beautiful Brenda!! You look so nice in it. You are a woman of many talents!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Not only do you make beautiful cards , but you can knit sweaters too??? Very impressive. It is very pretty and Cameo is one of my favorite colors!