Thursday, April 16, 2009

Viva Fiesta!

Today marks the beginning of a 2-week long celebration here in San Antonio, Texas called Fiesta! Being an implant here, I really don't know the history behind this celebration. All I know is that the next 2 weeks are filled with lots of parties, parades and a carnival. I am going to a spouses' luncheon today where we'll be celebrating Fiesta. We were asked to make and bring a "Fiesta" wreath. What is a Fiesta wreath, you may ask? The most I can tell you is that they are brightly colored (the brighter the better) and have flowing ribbons hanging down from them. Here's what I came up with:

I think my favorite part of this wreath are the butterflies. They are attached to wires that make them look like they are flying around the flowers.

Viva Fiesta!

2 comments:

Traci G said...

This is so pretty!! I just love the colors in it!!!

Anonymous said...

Well this is very Festive! I love the butterflys too they look almost real very pretty.