Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tree of Life... from Forest Friends.

Here's a simple "manly" card I made yesterday using the tree from the Forest Friends stamp set in the Occasions Mini catalog. It's a get well soon card for someone who just found out he has cancer.

I used the marker to stamp technique: inking the trunk and branches with a Close to Cocoa marker, then inking the leaves with an Always Artichoke marker and, finally, huffing (breathing hot, moist air) onto the stamp and stamping! I love this technique!
~
Do you notice the texture on the striped designer paper? That is one of the new (in the Spring-Summer IB&C) textured cover-weight card stock designer papers: To the Nines! If you check out page 158 in the IB&C, you will see there are 3 styles of this type of paper to choose from (Parisian Breeze, To the Nines & Sweet Slumber), along with another style that has a glossy design (Rockability). When you see these papers up close and have a chance to touch and feel them, you will be amazed!
~
Happy Stampin!

3 comments:

Jennifer Murai said...

What a great card. I love the colors and layout. I adore that specialty paper, but it challenges me.

Laura Brown said...

This is a great card! I'm so sorry about the bad news for your friend. Hopefully they caught it in time and he has hope of beating it!

Traci G said...

Love this card!! I just have this "thing" for trees lately. You've put this all together beautifully!