Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Autumn Leaves Card

Awhile back I told you that I came up with my swap card for a special demonstrator dinner that I will be going to in October and that I couldn't post a picture of it until after the event. Even though I love it, the creative perfectionist in me made me realize that it wasn't the right card for this swap. Some of the reasons include: The fact that I don't know yet how many people will be participating in the swap and I only have so many of the Designer Labels. It's also a fall themed card that uses an older set (With Gratitude) which limits the time my fellow demonstrators can use it as a sample for their businesses. My goal was to design a card around a stamp set that is new in the Fall-Winter IBC.

Well, I have been trying to create "the perfect card" for the swap before I totally toss this card idea out the window (so to speak)... and it finally happened today! What does that mean to you??? I get to share the original card with you! Here it is:

Here's a close-up so you can see the dimension:

There's nothing saying that I won't be making more of these cards to send out to family and friends between now and Thanksgiving. :)

In case you were wondering, here are the supplies I used:
Stamps:
With Gratitude
Sanded
Card Stock/Designer Paper:
Naturals Ivory
Always Artichoke (craft & classic ink)
Mellow Moss
Really Rust
Junto DSP (from the Spanish Supplemental Catalog: Celebrando Creatividad)
Punches:
1/16" circle (for the brads)
1" circle
Designer Label
Scallop Edge
Other Accessories:
Big Shot & Leaves #2 die
Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware (Designer Label Holder & brads)
1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon - Always Artichoke
Linen Thread
Sponge
Clear Embossing Powder
Heat Tool

As far as my "final" swap card goes, you'll have to wait until after October 24 to see!

Happy Stampin!

7 comments:

Carmen said...

Love it ... perfect card for the weather we've ben having!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I love the leaf wrapped in twine. That vanilla HPH is to die for, too! TFS!

Traci G said...

This is so pretty, and I can't wait to see the "other" card, too!!!

Julia said...

Love the colors that you used on this card.

Amanda said...

I really like your background and the leaf is really cute with the twine around it.

Jennifer Murai said...

This card is beautiful, I love it. I don't know how I missed it on my many visits to you blog. TFS

Angela said...

Wow, beautiful card! love the circle punch nestled in the HPH. tfs.