Saturday, September 20, 2008

Serif Essentials Alphabet Word Cubes

Getting ready for my workshop, you'd think I would be coming up with projects for everyone to make. Well... it seems like I've been doing everything BUT! Of course, making sample projects to display are just important... right?! Well, here's one of those sample projects I've been sidetracked making:

These are made using the Serif Essentials Alphabet dies, Summer Picnic Designer Series Papers, coordinating card stock, silver brads and Birds and Blooms Sizzix dies. My first thought was to make "CREATE". Then I realized that I could use a couple of the same letters, turn the other cubes around and add the letters needed to spell "WELCOME":

THEN, I realized that I could add the letter "H" to the back of another cube and spell "HOME":

So, right now, if you were to come over to my house (or come to my workshop at 7pm on Tuesday), you'd see "WELCOME" on my mantle. By the way, the 2 1/4" cubes are made out of card stock. Four of the cubes use one intact piece of card stock (scored and cut out of one sheet for each one) and the other three were pieced together using the leftover pieces of card stock (can't be wasteful!)

Since this project involved no stampin', I'll say:

Happy Craftin!

5 comments:

Angela said...

haha, sounds like me. I have my first stamp club meeting/technique class on Monday, my in-laws are coming tomorrow and I have absolutely nothing prepped. AND I'm blog hopping at 3 AM when I should be sleeping. AHH...

Very cute projects, though. Thanks for sharing!

Carmen said...

These are very cute projects and can be very versitile. TFS!

Jennifer Murai said...

These are fabulous! How creative!! TFS

Traci G said...

These are SO cute!!!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

These are great! I should make some for my blog header!